The School of Nursing values its employees. As a way of recognizing members of staff for their important contributions, we believe in rewarding staff employees who demonstrate a commitment to the goals and values of the University and the School.
SoNStar is awarded every four months (January 1st, May 1st and September 1st) to any classified staff member, regardless of service length. Members of the SoNStar Committee and faculty are not eligible for the award. Click here to view the list of eligible staff for the SoNStar Award (EID). No staff will be designated as a SoNStar more than once in a two-year period.
Anyone in the School of Nursing may nominate, including the SoNStar Committee, faculty, staff or students. You can nominate someone by completing the online SoNStar nomination form. From the list of nominees, the SoNStar Committee will decide the winner. The SoNStar Committee consists of following members: Margaret Hill, Sergio Delgado, Laura Murphy, Vicki Kullberg, and Larissa Alberson.
The selection criteria for the award are as follows:
- Significantly improves internal or external customer service or increases faculty/staff/student satisfaction.
- Significantly improves a work process or increases the efficiency of a procedure or is innovative in terms of solutions, planning or organizational effort.
- Takes initiative to reduce organizational barriers through such activities as mentoring, voluntarily assisting coworkers and participating in cross-functional teams.
- Works to foster collaboration, communication and cooperation among colleagues and University and/or school constituents.
- Performs at a level above and beyond normal job requirements.
The selected staff will receive:
- A framed certificate
- Acknowledgement in the School of Nursing website
- A reserved parking spot for four months
SoNStar Nomination Form
Complete the SoNStar nomination form.