The University of Texas at Austin School of Nursing has partnered with the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services (DADS) for the 2017 Nursing Facility Quality Review (NFQR). The Nursing Facility Quality Review will conduct a statewide measurement of the quality of care, quality of life, consumer satisfaction, and medication use in Texas Medicaid-certified nursing facilities.
The information collected will help DADS track progress in current quality improvement activities and develop strategies for new initiatives to improve the quality of care and quality of life for residents of Texas nursing facilities.
Goals of the Study
The Nursing Facility Quality Review has three main objectives:
- To assess clinical topics related to resident’s care.
- Review the use of medication management.
- Evaluate the residents’ satisfaction with the care they are provided.
Seeking Registered Nurses
The University of Texas at Austin School of Nursing is currently seeking registered nurses to assist with data collection for the study. Nurses will receive training in the use of computer assisted professional interviewing methods. Applicants must possess the following requirements:
- Current Texas RN license
- Proof of auto liability insurance
- Professional malpractice insurance
- One year of experience working with the geriatric population or in a nursing facility
Interested applicants can contact Dr. Tracie C. Harrison at 512-471-9085 or email email@example.com for more information.