Do you need help with one of your Nursing courses? Then, Student Academic Support is the resource for you. As part of the School of Nursing’s Peer Academic Coaching (PAC) program, your nursing student peers or course Teaching Assistants will work with you to address your academic performance needs.
All Peer Academic Coaches are nursing students who have demonstrated excellence in the courses for which they are coaches. Many are also registered nurses who are currently working on advanced nursing degrees.
Student Peer Academic Coaching Request
If you are an undergraduate nursing student wishing to request academic support, please use the Accudemia scheduler to sign up for a peer coaching group. We offer peer coaching groups in these subjects, on a first-come, first-served basis:
- BIOL446L Human Microscopy & Gross Anatomy
- BIO326M Intro to Medical Microbiology
- N320 Intro to Patient-Centered Nursing Care
- N224 Health Assessment Skills
- BIO365S Human Systems Physiology
- N325 Adult Health Nursing I
- N255C Adult Health IIA
- PHM338 Pharmacology (Spring and Summer semesters)
- N255D Adult Health IIB
- Skills Lab Coaching (Hands-on clinical skills coaching)
- NEW!! N265 Childbearing Families
If you need further assistance with finding a group, signing up, or have other needs surrounding academic coaching, please email us at email@example.com.
Peer Academic Coaches – Paid Position
The School of Nursing Peer Academic Coaching (PAC) program provides individual and/or group tutoring for some of the prerequisite science courses, including Microbiology, Anatomy, and Physiology, as well as for J1 and J2 level courses and for certain upper division courses. The PAC position is part-time with flexible hours. Coaches are paid by the School of Nursing on an hourly basis.