The Cain Center for Nursing Research was opened in September 1995 for the purpose of strengthening the support services available to faculty for developing their research programs. Some services that are provided through the Cain Center are:
- Group grantwriting sessions, individual grantwriting consultation, mock study sections, and “think tanks” for faculty submitting research proposals for extramural funding.
- Support in preparation and submission of extramural faculty research and graduate student research training grant applications.
- Editing of faculty manuscripts and research proposals.
- Post-award fiscal management.
- Individual consultation in research methods and statistics.
- Individual consultation and group discussion to review summary statements from reviewers of previously submitted proposals.
- Assistance for faculty and students with obtaining Departmental Review Committee (DRC) and Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval for projects involving human subjects.
- Workshops on grant-related topics of interest for faculty.
- Notification of research funding opportunities.
Cain Center Lab
The Cain Center Lab has supported the research efforts of faculty and graduate students at the School of Nursing as well as the wider community for several decades. Our hardware includes PCs loaded with statistical software, a qualitative software program, a printer, and a scanner. Our friendly and experienced lab assistants are on hand to help you in many ways. Please refer to the Cain Center for Nursing Research Lab Policies and Procedures for detailed information.
Dr. Sharon Horner
Office: NUR 3.102H
Dr. Heather Becker
Office: NUR 3.102N
Dr. Shelli Kesler
Director of Statistical Services
Grants & Contracts Specialist