Values shared with the University
Learning, Discovery, Freedom, Leadership, Individual Opportunity, and Responsibility
The purpose of the School of Nursing is to achieve excellence in undergraduate education, graduate education, research, and public service, advancing the missions of the University of Texas through:
- Preparing individuals at the baccalaureate level to assume roles in professional nursing practice;
- Preparing individuals at the graduate level to assume leadership in practice, education and research;
- Promoting excellence in nursing scholarship;
- Advancing the health of the public through developing and disseminating new knowledge about health, health care, and health care delivery through scholarly inquiry; and
- Providing consultation, health care programs, and health care services in response to emerging and urgent public health needs.