The School of Nursing values its employees. As a way of recognizing members of staff for their important contributions, we believe in rewarding staff employees who demonstrate a commitment to the goals and values of the University and the School.
SoNStar is awarded every four months (January 1st, May 1st and September 1st) to any classified staff member, regardless of service length. From the list of nominees, the SoNStar Committee Members (DeAnna Baker, Amber Shah, Erika Tabke, and Lorraine Walker) will decide the winner.
The SoNStar recipient will receive $750, a framed certificate, and a reserved parking spot for four months.
- Significantly improves internal or external customer service or increases faculty/staff/student satisfaction.
- Significantly improves a work process or increases the efficiency of a procedure or is innovative in terms of solutions, planning or organizational effort.
- Takes initiative to reduce organizational barriers through such activities as mentoring, voluntarily assisting coworkers and participating in cross-functional teams.
- Works to foster collaboration, communication and cooperation among colleagues and University and/or school constituents.
- Performs at a level above and beyond normal job requirements.
Anyone in the School of Nursing may nominate, including the SoNStar Committee, faculty, staff or students. You can nominate someone by completing the online SoNStar nomination form.
Members of the SoNStar Committee and faculty are not eligible for the award. No staff will be designated as a SoNStar more than once in a two-year period.
SoNStar Recipients who are rewarding by the School of Nursing for their important contributions and for performing a level above and beyond normal job requirements.