The University of Texas at Austin School of Nursing First-Aid and American Heart Association (AHA) – Basic Life Support BLS (CPR) is an instructor-led and video-based course that teaches nursing students critical skills in First Aid and (AHA) BLS CPR to manage an emergency or until emergency medical services arrive. Skills covered in this course include First Aid; AHA (BLS) CPR; use of an AED for adult, child and infant; choking relief in adults and infants; and to promptly recognize a life-threatening emergency. The course teaches skills with the AHA’s research-proven practice-while-watching technique, which allows instructors to observe the students, provide feedback, and guide the students’ learning of skills.
*The University of Texas at Austin School of Nursing First-Aid course is not AHA or Red Cross certified.
AHA First Aid and Adult/Infant CPR available upon request – groups of 10 or more. Please contact BLSClasses@nursing.utexas.edu for more information.
- Please bring a lunch if planning on attending all day.
- Refrigerator and microwaves are available on the 5th floor (NUR 5.102F) in the student lounge.
- Cafés are located nearby at the UT Medical School, Dell Med Hospital, and Health Transformation Building (HTB).
- Tuesday, April 14, 2020 | 8:30am – 2:00pm | NUR 1.108 | View Map
- Friday, April 17, 2020 | 8:30am – 2:00pm | NUR 1.108 | View Map
- Wednesday, April 22, 2020 | 8:30am – 2:00pm | NUR 1.108 | View Map
Course Registration Process
STEP 1 – SIGN UP: This course is only offered to The University of Texas at Austin School of Nursing students. Participants must first check upcoming class schedule and secure your spot by enrolling in the class.
Once enrolled, return to this page and complete the payment process - Step 2
STEP 2 – PAYMENT: After you have enrolled, please make payment using the link below.
Contact: Please email BLSClasses@nursing.utexas.edu, and we will respond within 24hours.