Researchers Lorraine Walker, EdD, RN, and Nicole Murry, PhD, RN, from The University of Texas at Austin School of Nursing are conducting a study using an online survey to better understand stress, coping, and health among mothers of infants and young children between 2 and 22 months of age.
The survey will take approximately 30 minutes depending on your reading speed. After completing the survey, you will be directed to a separate online survey where you may register for a drawing for one of three $100 Amazon e-gift cards on October 1, 2022.
Although you will not directly benefit from being in this study, others might benefit because the information you provided will help us as well as others in designing future research to improve health of mothers of infants and young children.
Aims of the Study
The study aims to examine the following:
- the usefulness of two new questionnaires for measuring mothers’ stress and coping,
- whether mothers’ stress and coping are related to their health, and
- resources mothers think are needed to help them manage stress.
To participate, you must meet following participation eligibility:
- Be age 18 or older.
- Be the mother of a child between 2 and 22 months of age.
- Have access to a computer with an Internet connection.
- Be able to read and converse in English.
If you agree to take part in this survey study, you will be asked to fill out an online survey questionnaire item about:
- your characteristics (such as age),
- sources of stresses you experience (such as lack of personal time, working and having a young child, depressive feelings, and feelings about sexual intimacy),
- ways you usually cope with stress (such as exercise, having a schedule),
- your current health, and
- resources you think are needed to help mothers manage stress.
The survey will take approximately 30 minutes depending on your reading speed. You may experience discomfort when answering questions related to your stresses or emotional status (for example, depression). You are welcome to skip any questions that make you feel uncomfortable.
To show our appreciation, after completing the survey, you will be directed to a separate online survey where you may register (name, email, phone number) for a drawing for one of three $100 Amazon e-gift cards.