Undergraduate students are encouraged to access their Registration Information Sheet to verify their registration access time. Students will also receive an email approximately two to three weeks prior to registration from the Office of Student Services detailing the advising procedures.
All Nursing Students must:
- Visit the UT Appointments page to make an appointment to see an advisor. Appointments must be made eight (8) hours prior to desired appointment time. Appointments scheduled after the 8-hour deadline will be not be valid.
- Arrive to your appointment with a general idea of your course selections for the upcoming semester.
- If needed, your academic advisor will remove your advising bar.
Students will be notified about the appropriate group advising session to attend throughout the school year. This is an important time to learn about classes and expectations.
All students register for courses online via the Office of the Registrar Registration. After you have been advised by your academic or faculty advisor, you will Register Now on the UT Registration page and login using your EID and password. As you prepare for the registration process, it is important to have course unique numbers ready as well as a few course alternatives as your choice courses may be full or restricted to certain major codes.
Registration Access Periods are determined by the Office of the Registrar. Students can find their specific registration dates and times by logging onto your Registration Information Sheet (RIS) using your UT EID and password.
Please consult the Academic Calendar for specific registration details.
Undergraduate students who have not yet registered by the 5th class day in the Fall or Spring, or by the 3rd class day in the Summer, must begin the registration process in the Registration Supervision Office, located in room 16 of the Main Building. Please note, a $25 late registration fee is in effect the 1st through the 4th class day in the Fall and Spring, and the 1st and 2nd class days in the Summer. A $50 late registration fee is in effect the 5th through the 12th class day in the Fall and Spring, and the 3rd and 4th class days in the Summer.
Students should contact their Academic Advisor or the Student Services Office (512-232-4780) for more specific details.
Problems with Registration
If you have problems with registration, please contact the appropriate office to rectify the issue(s):
- If you have an advising bar, students should contact their academic advisor or the Student Services Office (512-232-4780).
- If you have a medical bar contact the University Health Services Office (512-471-4955).
- If you have a financial bar contact the Student Accounts Receivable Office (512-475-7777) and/or the Student Financial Services Office (512-475-6282).
- If you have a j-bar contact the International Office (512-471-2477).
- If you have technical problems contact Registration Supervision (512-475-7656).
For all other problems related to Registration, please contact Registration Supervision at 512-475-7656.