At the Person-Centered Medication study, we are exploring whether a medication teaching program helps people understand their medications and to assist them with taking their medications as prescribed. The study is with generous funding from St. David’s Center for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Research (CHPR).
The purpose of this project is to study whether a medication teaching program helps people understand their medications and to assists them with taking their medications as prescribed.
By participating in this study, participants may become more aware of the medications they are taking. Participation in this study may also help people who speak other primary languages in the future.
To learn if you are eligible to participate, please check out our participation eligibility section listed below. Download the Person-Centered Medication Study Flyer (PDF) and share this opportunity with others who may qualify for this study.
In order to participate, you must be able to:
- Speak Spanish as your primary language
- Read Spanish
- Join virtual video-conferencing (zoom)
- Take at least 3 prescription medications
- Not be a healthcare professional
- Have 1 or more chronic diseases (e.g. hypertension, high cholesterol, diabetes, etc.)
Things you should know if you participate in this study:
- The purpose of the study is to study whether a medication teaching program helps people understand their medications and to assist them with taking their medications as prescribed.
- In order to participate, you must speak Spanish as your primary language, be able to read Spanish, join virtual video-conferencing, take at least 3 prescription medications, not be a healthcare professional, have 1 or more chronic diseases, and express a willingness to participate in all aspects of the study.
- If you choose to participate, you will be asked to:
- Complete an online survey to share knowledge about your medicines.
- Take part in virtual meetings with a nurse to learn about your medicines and a list of 5 new medicines.
- Complete a post-education survey online.
- Complete a follow-up survey one-month after your education session online.
- This study will take approximately 45-60 minutes of your time.
- Taking part in this research study is voluntary. You do not have to part, and you can stop at any time.
- After completion of the pre-education survey, education, and post-education survey, you will receive a $15 Amazon gift certificate as a thank you for your time. You will receive an additional $10 Amazon gift certificate upon completion of the follow-up survey.