All students applying for formal admission to the Master’s and PhD programs must complete the online application and submit the following application materials by the November 1 deadline.
Application for Admission
Complete online application for admissions and pay application fee at GoApplyTexas.org. The application is only open between September 1st and November 1st. The online application is data entry only. All supporting application documents are uploaded on the My Status page after the application is paid and submitted.
*Recommendation: Complete online application, at minimum, 2 weeks prior to the November 1 deadline. This allows time for all required documents to be completed and uploaded by the deadline.
- Official transcripts, dated one year or less, from all four-year institutions attended.
- Official transcripts, dated one year or less, for Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN), if applicable.
- **Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores taken within five years of the intended program start date. University code 6882, no department code required. (*Recommendation: Complete the GRE exam by October 15 to ensure test score is uploaded by the Nov. 1st deadline.)
**Note: In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, GRE testing has temporarily been waived from the application process for the Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing (PhD) program.
- Curriculum Vitae: Readable font, 12-point, double spaced, 1-inch margins
- Personal Statement: Maximum two (2) pages. Readable font, 12-point, double spaced, 1-inch margins)
- Recommendations: 3 required / 3 maximum
- Using our secure, personalized form, three (3) professional recommendations that attest to the applicant's academic ability, professional competency and personal character must be submitted electronically by each recommender.
- Written recommendations are not accepted.
- Official TOEFL scores taken within the past two years (for International Applicants only).
For additional details on how to prepare your graduate application materials and personal statement instructions, please view PhD Application Checklist (PDF). Please follow all directions carefully. It is the applicant's responsibility to confirm that all materials have been received on time.
Visit the Graduate and International Admissions Center (GIAC) for more information.
All materials are to be submitted electronically to the My Status Check (available approximately two days after online application submission) after completion of the application on GoApplyTexas.org.