Classroom Skills Session: A classroom skills session is the Hands-on Portion of an AHA HeartCode BLS eLearning course. This session focuses on meaningful skills practice, discussions of local protocols, and skills testing.
Date/Time: Email BLSClasses@nursing.utexas.edu to schedule a HeartCode BLS skills check.
Location: School of Nursing, Room TBA | View Map
Parking: Parking is available in Trinity Garage (TRG) for a fee. We are unable to validate parking.
Contact: Please email BLSClasses@nursing.utexas.edu for additional information regarding these services.
AHA eLearning Course: AHA eLearning Course is the Online Portion of the BLS class. HeartCode BLS uses a variety of eLearning assets such as dramatizations, eSimulations, animations, self-directed learning, and interactive activities to teach students BLS knowledge and skills. After completing the online portion of this course, you must complete a hands-on session with an AHA Training Center to obtain a course completion card.
Steps to Obtain AHA BLS Provider Certification
- Visit the AHA HeartCode® BLS and purchase/complete the course in its entirety.
- Print and save your certificate upon completion of the course.
- Email BLSClasses@nursing.utexas.edu to schedule a HeartCode BLS skills check.
- The practice and skills check with an instructor lasts about 30 – 45 minutes.
- Scheduling is available Monday – Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Submit Payment: AHA BLS Classroom Skills Check-Off Session Payment
- Bring your certificate to your Skills Check-Off appointment and complete the hands-on skills.
- Receive your BLS for Healthcare Providers certification Ecard.
- Pricing is for The University of Texas at Austin School of Nursing Skills Check-Off session only. AHA may charge a separate fee for the online portion of the class; this fee is not billed, controlled, or collected by The UT Austin School of Nursing.
- The HeartCode BLS online course must be completed prior to attending class. Students without a certificate of completion will not be allowed to take a Skills Check-Off course.