Classroom Skills Session
A classroom skills session is the Hands-on Portion of an AHA HeartCode BLS eLearning course. This session focuses on meaningful skills practice, discussions of local protocols, and skills testing.
AHA eLearning Course
AHA eLearning Course is the Online Portion of the BLS class. HeartCode BLS uses a variety of eLearning assets such as dramatizations, eSimulations, animations, self-directed learning, and interactive activities to teach students BLS knowledge and skills. After completing the online portion of this course, you must complete a hands-on session with an AHA Training Center to obtain a course completion card.
Steps to Obtain AHA BLS Provider Certification
- Visit the AHA HeartCode® BLS and purchase/complete the course in its entirety.
- Print and save your certificate upon completion of the course.
- Email BLSClasses@nursing.utexas.edu to schedule a HeartCode BLS skills check.
- The practice and skills check with an instructor lasts about 30 – 45 minutes.
- Scheduling is available Monday – Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Submit Payment: AHA BLS Classroom Skills Check-Off Session Payment
- Bring your certificate to your Skills Check-Off appointment and complete the hands-on skills.
- Receive your BLS for Healthcare Providers certification Ecard.
- Pricing is for The University of Texas at Austin School of Nursing Skills Check-Off session only. AHA may charge a separate fee for the online portion of the class; this fee is not billed, controlled, or collected by The UT Austin School of Nursing.
- The HeartCode BLS online course must be completed prior to attending class. Students without a certificate of completion will not be allowed to take a Skills Check-Off course.
Contact: Please email BLSClasses@nursing.utexas.edu for additional information regarding these services.