American Heart Association (AHA) Heartsaver First-Aid and AHA Basic Life Support (BLS) Provider (CPR) is an instructor-led and video-based course that teaches nursing students critical skills needed to respond to and manage an emergency or until emergency medical services arrive. Skills covered in this course include the use of an AED for adult, child and infant; choking relief in adults and infants; and to promptly recognize a life-threatening emergency. The course teaches skills with the AHA’s research-proven practice-while-watching technique, which allows instructors to observe the students, provide feedback, and guide the students’ learning of skills.
- Friday, June 11, 2021 | 8:15am – 1:00pm | NUR 1.106 | View Map
- Friday, June 18, 2021 | 8:15am – 1:00pm | NUR 1.106 | View Map
- Monday, August 16, 2021 | 8:15am – 1:30pm | NUR 1.106 | View Map
- Friday, August 20, 2021 | 8:15am – 1:30pm | NUR 1.106 | View Map
- Friday, August 27, 2021 | 8:15am – 1:30pm | NUR 1.106 | View Map
Course Registration Process
STEP 1 – SIGN UP: Participants must first check upcoming class schedule and secure your spot by enrolling in the class.
Once enrolled, return to this page and complete the payment process - Step 2
STEP 2 – PAYMENT: After you have enrolled, please make payment using the link below.
Contact: Please email BLSClasses@nursing.utexas.edu, and we will respond within 24 hours.